If you have any coronavirus symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
Get a test and stay at home
National lockdown: stay at home
Coronavirus (COVID‑19) is spreading fast.
Do not leave your home unless necessary.
1 in 3 people who have the virus have no symptoms, so you could be spreading it without knowing it. Find out what the rules are
For medical support information please visit: https://111.nhs.uk
Please remember to minimise your risk of catching COVID 19, we want you all to stay safe, so please take the time to remind yourself of the 5 key precautions:
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and water or hand sanitiser, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, before you eat or handle food.
- Cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissues when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of tissues into a disposable rubbish bag and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser.
- You must wear a face covering by law in some public places unless you have a face covering exemption because of your age, health or another condition. You are also strongly encouraged to wear a face covering in other enclosed public spaces where social distancing may be difficult and where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
- Keep enclosed spaces well ventilated, there is a balance to be struck between heating your property and ventilation especially in these colder months.